The Center for Women's Studies was established in.....It has been working towards creation of a gender-sensitive climate at various levels in academic and public life. Prof…… was the first coordinator of the center. At present Prof.... is the coordinator of the center.
- To promote awareness among both women and men, of the need to develop and to realize their full potential as resources for national development in its economic, political and socio-cultural aspects.
- To organize teaching programmes and to ensure gender sensitivity among staff and students, both men and women.
- To organize research activities with a special focus on solving women’s problems related to socio-economic, educational, health, psychological, political, literary and cultural aspects.
- To organize extension activities especially for women in villages for promoting awareness of special programmes for women, their laws and rights.
- To organize seminars, workshops and conferences related to women’s issues and empowerment.
- To organize advocacy related programmes, to influence public opinion on women’s issues.
- To train women in areas such as local government, legal awareness, computer literacy, and need based promotional programmes including vocational, career oriented training and human resource development.